Virtual Auditions: Footloose
- You can submit your information by using the audition form at the end of this page (recommended)
- You can also submit your audition materials by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Rehearsal: January 26, 2023
Opening: February 9, 2023
Closing: March 26, 2023
Submit: A Theatrical Resume, Headshot & Video/Reels
- Provide a current full body slate with at least your name, height, and union status.
- You may use video/reels you already have available. (Vocal, Dance, Monologue and/or Scene Auditions)
- You may use the materials/sides for the specific characters provided below.
- Please submit at least 2 vocal auditions with contrasting styles.
- You must submit a vocal and a dance audition to be considered for the ensemble and selected roles.
- Work to submit a clear video with good lighting and sound.
- Please edit all materials onto one video if possible. (not required)
REVEREND SHAW MOORE – Lead adult character, strong singer. Beaumont’s religious leader father to Ariel. Solos and has a duet with VI
REN MCCORMACK –Lead character, teenager from Chicago, fun, quick-witted and loves to dance, out-going personality. ETHEL’s son. Vocal Range: Middle D to high C. Dances well, athletic skills a plus.
ARIEL MOORE – Lead character – SHAW & and VI’s daughter. Sings and dances very well. Vocal range requires a D with some soulish singing, ability for vocal improvisation a plus. Rebellious for a reverend’s daughter, like Rizzo in Grease, but more mischievous than negative.
RUSTY – ARIEL’s friend. Several lines, some dancing. Sings Solo & 3-part harmony with several solo lines – has F and Low A. Think girls from Little Shop, but with a few more lines.
WILLARD HEWITT – Big guy, short temper, loves his mama. Befriended by Ren. Many lines, sings Solo & 3-part harmony with several solo lines. “Learns” to dance.
CHUCK CRANSTON – ARIEL’s boyfriend. local “bad boy”. Doesn’t like Ren. Sings fairly
well– has B with lots of A’s & G’s, sings with ARIEL with male back up.
COACH ROGER DUNBAR – Typical, strict high school coach. In a conflict with Ren. Character is a singer who moves.
ADDITIONAL CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
ETHEL MCCORMACK – Lead Adult Character, REN’s mother, has a duet with VI – mature vocal sound desired.
VI MOORE – Lead adult character, SHAW’s wife, ARIEL’s mother. has duet with ETHEL – mature vocal sound desired.
LULU WARNICKER – Ren’s Aunt, married to WES. Character sings but does not have to dance well.
WES WARNICKER – Ren’s uncle, married to LULU. Character sings but does not have to dance well.
WENDY – JO - ARIEL’s friend. Dancer. 3-part harmony & solo lines. Think girls from Little Shop, but with a few more lines.
URLEEN – ARIEL’s friend. Some lines, some dancing. Sings in 3-part harmony with several solo lines. Think girls from Little Shop, but with a few more lines.
LYLE – CHUCK’s friend – A few lines, sings strong 3-part harmony – some dancing.
TRAVIS – CHUCK’s friend – A few lines, sings strong 3-part harmony – G, G#, A & B, some dancing.
PRINCIPAL HARRY CLARK – Principal of Boumont High School. Scene with REN & WILLARD. Not required to sing.
MALE & FEMALE ENSEMBLE (Supporting) 18-25
Superb, high-energy dancers who sing very well. Acrobatic skills a plus. Multiple supporting role opportunities.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Submit 2 contrasting songs from the show or in the style of FOOTLOOSE. Submit dance video/reels you already have or use the dance combinations on our website if you prefer. Comedic monologues excepted but not required